Saturday, September 6, 2014

This week in toddler art...

Asa and I enjoyed our art projects this week. In fact, they were so fun that the big 3rd-grader wanted to take part as well :)

First, Asa colored on sand paper. He enjoyed the rough texture and the way coloring on it wore down the crayons (I bought a pack of Target-brand crayons for 39 cents specifically for this activity.)




 Asher thought it looked fun, so he joined in, too!





When the pictures were deemed "finished" I placed them between sheets of newspaper and ironed them. The crayon marks melted and made the picture appear softer.

Before:


After:



Before:



After:


Cool, huh?

Then, we painted. Asa absolutely loves to paint! He does not, however, like to get messy. (He refuses to finger-paint.) I gave him several sizes of brushes and also a few foam stamps, which he seemed to prefer. As you can see, he was careful not to touch the paint with his fingers, and if any drops ended up on his skin, he insisted I wipe it off immediately.


I just love the way Asa's painting turned out! The stamped circles and bright colors mixed together are really appealing. I think I'm going to have it matted and framed.


Asher also joined in on this activity. I think I'll be framing this beauty, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment