Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jungle Safari 2014

This year I was asked to teach kindergarten at our church's Vacation Bible School. It was an awesome experience, and I'm already looking forward to next year!

This year's theme was "jungle safari," and my teaching partner and I had a fun time setting up our classroom. I wanted the room to really wow the kids and make them feel like they were in a jungle.

I'd call it a success!


Here's what the classroom looked like when we first started setting up.



And here's how it looked when we were done!







I had it in my head to make a volcano. Don't ask me why, but I was obsessed with this idea. I ended up stacking a bunch of boxes, then draping them with a dark grey flannel fabric. Then, I used black gossamer over the fabric to give the volcano texture. I also added red sparkle lights underneath red gossamer.


Here are the kids working on a project in our jungle room!





Here are my boys and me after a busy week of VBS!




No comments:

Post a Comment