Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Silly putty fit for an ice queen... or king


At the start of summer I put together a shopping list of all the things I'd need to create several art projects for the boys to do when it's too hot to play outside. I've been chipping away at the list as I am out and about, and I'm almost done. I'm so excited!

Tonight we made silly putty that looked like it came straight out of the movie Frozen. I found the recipe for the concoction here. It was so easy to make, and it turned out great! It entertained both boys for quite some time!

I just loved the sparkly look of it. Asher thought it really did look like ice.




We started mixing all the ingredients together, and of course Asa wanted to help his big brother. Notice the proud look on his face.



Asher really enjoyed seeing the ingredients come together to create the strange silly putty texture. 



We figured out that if you pull the putty apart with one quick motion, it snaps in half. However, if you pull it slowly, it stretches. Asher thought it looked like a waterfall when you stretched it vertically.


The putty was great to form into shapes...



... or simply squish in your hands.



And sometimes the squishing created a funny sound!


All in all, this project was a hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment